Oxford Kendo membership entitles members to participate in all appropriate practices at Oxford University, Oxford Brookes and Oxford Kendo.
We offer a free first trial with open enrolment. After the trial, payment of membership and the joining fees will be required.
If you decide to join kendo after the trial, we require you to register as a member of both the Oxford Kendo Club and the British Kendo Association for insurance policy coverage. We cannot permit anyone to practice beyond the trial period without registration to both organisations.
Please follow the registration guidelines below:
- Oxford Kendo Registration: Our online membership on this website is required after first week’s trial. Please register at https://oxfordkendo.club/index.php/membership-registration/
- BKA Registration: It will be your responsibility to enroll with the BKA annually. This is strictly required for insurance reasons and covers both you and your practicing partner in the event of any injuries suffered in the dojo practicing venue. Please visit the weblink at http://kendo.org.uk/membership-fees/ for registration and information on the BKA membership. There is a junior reduced membership fee available as well as a temporary one. Membership to the BKA is mandatory and participation will not be otherwise allowed.
- We require anyone participating in events such as seminars, competitions or grading examinations who are registered with Oxford Kendo to be current with their membership fees. You will be required to pay the membership fees regardless of the number of practices attended. If you plan to leave practice for a specific period of time, please let us know in advance.
Oxford Kendo operates through membership fees collected from all members. Fees collected are used for hiring costs, club equipment as well as cost to host seminars and other events. We offer three different types of memberships including:
1. MONTHLY MEMBERSHIPS
Monthly Membership fees are collected monthly by direct debit using the GoCardless service. We have memberships for adults and juniors, and a discounted rate for families. Please select the appropriate membership below, and press the button to be redirected to payment via GoCardless
2. OXFORD UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS (one-off payment)
3. BEGINNERS COURSE (one-off payment)
- Visitors must pay a fee of £7.50 per session. If you are to be attending multiple sessions per month, it will often be cheaper to pay for a monthly membership.
- If you require bogu/shinai, please let us know ahead and perhaps we have something we can loan you. If you are decide to start attending practice more regularly in Oxford, we will require that you register as an Oxford Kendo member and submit the appropriate fees.